Hello Spring: Book Recommendations

Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring :)

    Spring brings to mind sunshine, warm winds, and wildflowers. The shift in weather invites a change of pace - more time spent outside than in, allowing sunshine to refresh and recharge us from a long winter. But thank goodness books are portable because I will be dragging my entire TBR outside and hunkering down for the duration of the season.

    So, if you are looking for some new reads to add to your shelf this spring, look no further. ;) Below, I have curated a list of 12 books that I think you'll love for this season no matter your vibe!




Classic Adventure


The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
The Princess Bride by William Goldman
The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge
Inkheart by Cornelia Funke


Cozy Quick-Reads


The Tea Dragon Society series by K. O'Neill
Tuck Everlasting by Natlie Babbitt
The Moth Keeper by K. O'Neill
84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff


Deadly Nature



Among the Beasts and Briar by Ashley Poston
Into the Heartless Wood by Joanna Ruth Meyer
Gallant by V.E. Schwab
Tress of the Emerald Sea by Brandon Sanderson


Romantic Regency


The Herbwitch's Apprentice by Ireen Chau
The Herbwitch Princess by Ireen Chau
Dearest Josephine by Caroline George
Flowerheart by Catherine Bakewell



    Since I have read all of the above (and currently battling my Towering TBR), here are some of the books I am hoping to read this season!

Spring Books* on My Physical TBR
*I haven't read these yet but I am assuming they have spring-ish vibes :)


The Blood Spell by C.J. Redwine
The Story Peddler by Lindsay A. Franklin
Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke



Emma by Jane Austen
The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery


Spring Books Wishlist
AKA books I want to read but don't own yet


Half a Soul by Olivia Atwater
Emily Wilde's Encyclopaedia of Faeries by Heather Fawcett
Shady Hollow by Juneau Black


    But of course, we can't spend all of our time reading (as much fun as that is) so it's nice to supplement spring vibes in other ways! Below are some of my favorite films for this season that fill my heart with spring joy!


Movie Recs


Leap YearAustenlandChristopher Robin, Pride and Prejudice (2005)


Cinderella (2015)Emma (1996)Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris, Tinkerbell

 
    I am so excited to dive into spring reads and movies! What's on your TBR and watchlist this season? Drop me a comment and let me know :)

Until next time!

~ K.J. Haakenson



Comments