Towering TBR (Part: January)

Woohoo! The first installment of Towering TBR is upon us!! 

I don't want to jinx myself, but I thought it was going to be harder to stick to my physical TBR than it actually was this month! I have a wide selection of books and a variety of genres available (this will change as the year continues) so for the most part, there has always been a book that meets my current mood-reading needs. I found that although I love picking up new releases, having only my physical shelves to choose from has kept my reading options from becoming overwhelming.


So let's get into the details!

Starting TBR Count: 66
TBR Reads: 6
TBR DNFs: 2
Rereads: 2
Library Reads: 0
Book Buying Credits Earned: 0
Books Purchased: 0
Books Gifted: 0
Final TBR Count: 58

TBR Reads:


Keeper of the Lost Cities: The Graphic Novel (Part 1) 
by Shannon Messenger - 4 stars
I loved rereading part of this series in a new medium!



The Wishing Game by Meg Shaffer - 3 stars
Cute and cozy world-building but sadly forgettable characters.



A Curse for True Love by Stephanie Garber - 4 stars
Lots of plot holes BUT SO FUN!!!



The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle - 5 stars (maybe even 6)
Magical, beautiful, and so personal to me. <3



Ingraine the Brave by Cornelia Funke - 4 stars
Younger me would have LOVED this book! 


The Orange and Other Poems by Wendy Cope - 4 stars
I really enjoyed a handful of the pieces in this small collection.


Rereads:

Once Upon a Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber - 3.5 stars
A good start to the trilogy but not as exciting the first time around.



The Ballad of Never After by Stephanie Garber - 4 stars
So much happens in this book and really kicks the series up a notch.


DNFs:


Blackthorn Winter by Kathryn Reiss - DNF'd at 58 pages
The set up to the mystery was slow and pretty boring.



The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness - DNF'd at 31 pages
Interesting concept but I wasn't enjoying the writing style or the story.

January Thoughts:
Honestly, the 1st month of Towering TBR went way smoother than I expected! I have been sick for 3/4ths of January, so I think I was able to read more than I usually do. I'm really excited to continue this series and find new favorite reads! 

Until next time!
~ K.J. Haakenson

Comments