Autumn TBR & Watchlist

It is finally here!!The time when leaves start to change color, the wind blows in strangers and adventures, and Pumpkin Spice abounds on every shelf. It's my favorite season of all: Autumn.

Technically, "Fall" doesn't start until September 22nd, but my brain divides the four seasons into 3 months each (to be fair) and once the 1st of September hits, I'm more than ready to embrace the new season.

I blame it on the special magic in the air but somehow, I feel more like myself in the fall. Autumn is my favorite season to read in and I've been saving so many books for this moment.



As a mood reader, each month feels a bit different than the others so I've divided up my TBR by the books I hope to read each month. September eases into fall with some light fantasy as the leaves turn, October brings in the season's darker tone with some spooky stories, and November finishes it off with rich and magical tomes perfect for hunkering down before the snow flies. I am looking forward to reading each and every one of these books. 




All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater


Wind Daughter by Joanna Ruth Meyer


Little Thieves by Margaret Owen



The Final Gambit by Jennifer Lynn Barnes


To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo


Wishtress by Nadine Brandes



Frankenstein by Mary Shelley


My Imaginary Mary by Hand, Ashton, and Meadows


This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab


The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare


Vespertine by Margaret Rogerson


Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell


Bridge of Souls by VE Schwab



The Book Thief by Markus Zusak


Vicious by VE Schwab


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern




Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke

The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson


Fall is a perfect time to snuggle in and watch a movie or two! I am not a fan of the horror genre so I choose the cozy and mysterious vibes of the season instead. Here are some movies and shows I'm hoping to watch this Autumn!


Little Women (2019)


The Lake House


Gilmore Girls


Knives Out


Rebecca (1940 and/or 2020)


You've Got Mail 


Coco


I am so excited to embrace the season through my reading, watching, and wild consumption of PSLs ;) What's on your Autumn TBR? Let me know below! I hope you have a magical start to your autumn!

~ K.J. Haakenson

Comments