My 2022 Book Preorders

There is nothing like book mail.

Some days call for a run to the bookstore where you can just browse new titles for hours. But other days call for that amazing feeling of your next favorite book delivered right into your hands.

Pre-ordering books is an easy way to support authors, inform publishers of interest, and tell bookstores that we definitely want to see these books in store.

Most years, I only pre-order a handful of books. But this year, I found so many online sales for ordering before a books release date, I just knew I had to get in on the action!

Note: there are so many amazing releases of 2022 so the ones I've listed below are just a fraction of the books I have my eye on. This list will most likely grow as the year progresses ;)

So without further ado, here are all the 2022 releases I've preordered!







The Summer We Forgot by Caroline George | March 8th

I adored Dearest Josephine by the same author last year and I can't wait for this dangerous and twisty summer mystery!

A Magic Steeped in Poison by Judy I. Lin | March 29th

This fantasy about magic tea making looks absolutely amazing plus this stunning cover totally sold it! The synopsis also mentioned that fans of Leigh Bardugo and Adrienne Young would love this book so I believe I am the target audience ;)



Some Mistakes Were Made by Kristin Dwyer | April 26th

For the past few years, I have been watching Kristin Dwyer pour her heart into getting published and I cannot wait for her debut! It's probably going to make me cry.



Wind Daughter by Joanna Ruth Meyer | May 17th

Joanna Ruth Meyer has become one of my auto-buy authors and after reading Echo North last month, I knew I had to get my hands on the sequel.



My Imaginary Mary by Hand, Ashton, and Meadows | August 2nd

Every single book these three have written together are so hilarious and brilliant! I cannot wait to see their take on author Mary Shelley's life with a paranormal twist.



Wishtress by Nadine Brandes | September 13th

Nadine Brandes has been my inspiration for both writing and faith and I am so excited for her upcoming release about a boy who can stop time and a girl who can grant wishes with her tears!!




Demon in the Wood - Graphic Novel by Leigh Bardugo | September 27th

I became a huge Grishaverse fan last spring and I am so excited to read this graphic novel based off of the short story by the same name about the Darkling's past.



Keeper of the Lost Cities: Stellarlune by Shannon Messenger | November 8th

This is book 9 of one of my favorite series ever and I cannot wait to find out what happens next! Shannon better not touch any of my favorite characters...


Are you looking forward to any of these books? What 2022 books have you preordered? I'd love to hear!


Until next time!

~ K.J. Haakenson

Comments