5 Movie Soundtracks for Writing

I don’t know about you but when I write, I either need complete silence or music blasting into my ears. And depending on what I’m writing, the soundtrack needs to be just perfect for the mood or genre of the story. I am constantly on the search for new music and soundtracks that inspire and help create the stories in my mind. So today, I am sharing with you my favorite movie soundtracks for writing!




The Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

Composer: Harry Gregson-Williams

Favorite Tracks: The Wardrobe, The Battle, Only the Beginning of the Adventure

Perfect for: magical and epic fantasies



Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Composer: Henry Jackman

Favorite Tracks: Lemurian Star, The Causeway, Into the Fray

Perfect for: dark and action-packed thrillers



Shadow and Bone

Composer: Joseph Trapanese

Favorite Tracks: Ravka, Royal Archives Heist, Fight for the Light

Perfect for: grand magical stories 



Thor: The Dark World

Composer: Brian Tyler

Favorite Tracks: Thor: The Dark World, Into Eternity, Shadows of Loki

Perfect for: dark epic fantasies



The Man from U.N.C.L.E

Composer: Daniel Pemberton

Favorite Tracks: Escape from East Berlin, Signori toileto Italiano, Take You Down

Perfect for: high speed thrillers 


BONUS: If you enjoy writing to music that has words, check out Tommee Proffit, Fleurie, Hidden Citizens, 2WEI, and Zayde Wølf! All have excellent original trailer songs or revamped classic songs. 


I hope this post helped you discover a new favorite writing soundtrack! What are your favorite soundtracks to write to? 

Until next time!

~ K.J. Haakenson 


Comments

  1. Oo! I've been looking for more writing songs! I haven't listened to any of these (while writing) but I'll have to add them to my playlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love movie soundtracks for writing! I usually listen to Harry Potter or Lo-fi but these are great suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my all time favourite is "king arthur" by hans zimmer. he's got some great soundtracks (his sherlock holmes ones are to die for)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment